Wow, I’ve been AWOL for 2 months! I’m sorry. I’ve probably been stricken from everyone’s blogroll by now.
As of June, I’m no longer employed full time, but am working 3 days a week.
What I’ve gained:
- Lots of time to rest – this is very good
- Time to exercise – I’ve started working with a personal trainer
- Time in general
What I’ve lost:
- A fair amount of self-esteem – just another part time disabled mommy, not very important in the grand scheme of things
- Dental insurance – which means I should point out that I’m happy to still have medical insurance and my pension
- Respect of my co-workers? Not sure – it’s a subtle thing, and I can’t tell yet
On the whole, so far, a good trade. I need to do a fair amount of thinking about my place in the world, though.