184.108.40.206 In order better to adapt services supplied to the needs of PRMs, Member States should encourage airlines, airport authorities and travel agents to use a common definition of different categories of persons needing special assistance. To that end, Member States should refer to the following classification and codification:
1) MEDA Passenger whose mobility is impaired, due to clinical cases with medical pathology in progress, being authorized to travel by medical authorities. Such passenger usually has social coverage in relation to the illness or accident in question.
2) STCR Passenger who can only be transported on a stretcher. Such passenger may or may not have social protection or specific insurance.
3) WCHR Passenger who can walk up and down stairs and move about in an aircraft cabin, but who requires a wheelchair or other means for movements between the aircraft and the terminal, in the terminal and between arrival and departure points on the city side of the terminal.
4) WCHS Passenger who cannot walk up or down stairs, but who can move about in an aircraft cabin and requires a wheelchair to move between the aircraft and the terminal, in the terminal and between arrival and departure points on the city side of the terminal.
5) WCHP Passenger with a disability of the lower limbs who has sufficient personal autonomy to take care of him/herself, but who requires assistance to embark or disembark and who can move about in an aircraft cabin only with the help of an on-board wheelchair.
6) WCHC Passenger who is completely immobile, who can move about only with the help of a wheelchair or any other means and who requires assistance at all times from arrival at the airport to seating in the aircraft or, if necessary, in a special seat fitted to his/her specific needs, the process being inverted at arrival.
7) BLIND Blind.
8) DEAF Passenger who is deaf or a passenger who is deaf without speech.
9) DEAF/BLIND Blind and deaf passenger, who can move about only with the help of an accompanying person.
10) MAAS (meet and assist) All other passengers in need of special help.