Phrases I don’t ever need to hear/read again:
- But you look so good!
- I have MS, but it doesn’t have me!
- I’m gonna beat this thing!
- You either give in…or fight it. I’m gonna fight it!
- It’s all in the attitude.
- Don’t you worry—a cure is around the corner…look how far they’ve come with cancer.
- You’re still walking though, aren’t you?
- It could be worse, you could be one of Jerry’s kids.
- They have a cure for that now, right?
- I have a friend, who has a mother, who has a son, who has a daughter, who has a dog, who has MS…
- You don’t look sick.
- Never eat/drink (fill in the blank) because it causes MS.
- Bless your heart—God doesn’t give us more than we can handle.
- If you would only exercise more…
- At least it’s not (fill in the blank).
- You’re doing so much better! New medication?
- You’re not doing so well! Is it the stress?
Shamelessly stolen from a thread on an MS support board that prefers to remain anonymous.