I’d always planned to re-do the RMVR website using PHP or something one of these days, maybe add a search function. Then the administrative address and phone number changed (it’s on every page! sometimes twice!), and I got a couple of complaints about finding things, and lo, the time was right.
I spent a couple of hours re-doing it with PHP includes Friday night, but never got comfortable with how to reliably handle relative paths.
Today I converted almost the whole site to Movable Type, primarily for the search functionality. I think it turned out pretty well.
I asked a few people to review it, and one came back with the suggestion that the search was all very well, but if I was really going to deploy it, I would need to provide instructions on how to use it next to the search form. It boggles the mind that Google is doing so well, if the ordinary web surfer needs instructions on typing words into a search box. Perhaps I am overestimating my user community.